IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING THIS BLOG......

Go to the chapters listed on the left and click on 2010, then click on May and begin with chapter 1 at the bottom of the page and continue upward. All of the chapters for each month's postings will be listed on one page. Then go to the left again and click the next month, etc. to continue with the story, chapter by chapter.


Chapter 10

I walked around the house to the various places where medication was kept. There were the numerous pain medications that had not been used following my hysterectomy. Mark had some from a previous procedure as well. The antianxiety medication that Dr. W had given me to accompany my antidepressant is a sedative. I had a number of those on hand, as well as a new prescription for 60 more that he had just given me. I also had several sleeping pills that were prescribed a few months ago. I took my small make-up carrier out of my purse, emptied it, and began to fill it with pills. I emptied the bottles. All except one. I left 2 pills in my antianxiety pill bottle just in case Mark got suspicious. It was no longer a matter of "if" I would be taking the pills, but "when". The irony? Those that know me best know that I absolutely hate taking pills. That thought never crossed my mind that day. I only knew that when I chose to take the pills, it would not be for attention. It would not be a "cry for help". As an ER nurse, I know well what is done to a patient that is brought to the ER following an overdose....no, there would be no ER involved. I would have plenty to do the job right.
Not a lot of emotion that day. Very methodical. Perhaps even a small sense of relief. Would my overwhelmed mind finally find peace?

No comments: