IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING THIS BLOG......

Go to the chapters listed on the left and click on 2010, then click on May and begin with chapter 1 at the bottom of the page and continue upward. All of the chapters for each month's postings will be listed on one page. Then go to the left again and click the next month, etc. to continue with the story, chapter by chapter.


Immersed in the Word

There are many scriptures that I have clung to over the past two years. I love to put dates next to scripture with notations. I will share the scripture as well as the notations/dates. I hope they speak to you like they have me. There were many times that they literally breathed life into me.

Psalm 25:16
"Turn Yourself to me and have mercy on me, for I am desolate and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have enlarged. Bring me out of my distresses!" 6/1/09

Isaiah 60:1,2
"Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you and His glory will be seen upon you." 10/08 Show your glory through my life!
3/09 Come upon our family...may our lives never be the
same!

Isaiah 60: 19,20
"The sun shall no longer be your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you, but the Lord will be to you an everlasting light, and your God your glory. Your sun shall no longer go down, nor shall your moon withdraw itself; for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended." 6/10 No more shame!

Isaiah 66:12
"Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river." 2/28/10 I long for peace.

Malachi 3:10,11
"And try Me now in this, says the Lord, if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it." 6/10 Healing
vs. 11 "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field." 4/09, 4/10

Philippians 4:5
"Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand." 5/10 I want to bring You honor

Job 22: 21,22
"Now acquaint yourself with Him and be at peace; thereby good will come to you. Receive instruction from His mouth, and lay up His words in your heart." 11/10 I long to hear from you
Father

Psalm 27:13,14
"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord. 12/09 Good days are ahead

Psalm 31:9,10
"Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am in trouble; my eye wastes away with grief, Yes, my soul and my body. My strength fails because of my iniquity, and my bones waste away." vs.14 "But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say 'You are my God! My times are in your hand'."
10/08 I don't know what the future holds, but....my times are in your hand!

Psalm 119:133
"Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me." 6/10

Psalm 138:8
"The Lord will perfect that which concerns me, Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands." 4/23/10 Complete Your will in me, whatever it looks like.

Psalm 145:17-19
"The Lord is righteous in all His ways, gracious in all His works. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth, He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him, He will also hear their cry and save them." 3/4/09 I need You.

2 Samuel 22:2-7
"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence, I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies; when the waves of death surround me, the snares of death confronted me, in my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry entered His ears." 3/22/09 I don't know what's happening, but I trust You.

Joshua 3:5
"Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you." 1/26/10

Romans 9:17
"For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth." 2/19/10 given to me by Deb Rains

Jeremiah 29:11,12
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me."

Habakkuk 1:5
"Be utterly astounded! For I will work a work in your days which you would not believe, though it were told to you." 5/25/10 Hope for the Hormonal Blog

Isaiah 32:16-19
"Then justice will dwell in the wilderness and righteousness remain in the fruitful field. The work of righteousness will be peace, the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever. My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places, though hail comes down on the forest, and the city is brought low in humiliation." 5/10/09

Isaiah 41:9,10
"You are my servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away. Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." 3/18/09 chosen for what??? Please be with me, Father.

Isaiah 40:28-31
"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary, His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

Isaiah 43:2,3
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned. Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." 3/15/09 He is preparing me for the future. 5/18/10

Isaiah 43:18,19
"Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." 3/09 4/09 the future holds new things

Psalm 25:20,21
"Keep my soul and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for You." 3/18/09 I do put my trust in You. I will wait for You.

Psalm 27:7-10
"Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy upon me, and answer me. When you said, seek my face, my heart said to You, 'Your face, Lord, will I seek'. Do not turn Your servant away in anger, You have been my help; do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me."

From My Utmost for His Highest:
"Has God trusted you with His silence...a silence that has great meaning? Can God trust you with it or are you still asking Him for a visible answer? God will give you the very blessing you ask if you refuse to go any further without the, but His silence is the sign that He is bringing you into an even more wonderul understanding of Himself. Allow Him to give you the first sign of His intimacy....silence."

"Are you alone at your 'Jordan River'? The Jordan River represents the type of separation where you have no fellowship with anyone else. You have been to the Jordan over and over with your Elijah, but now you are facing it alone. There is no use in saying that you cannot go, the experience is here, and you must go. If you truly want to know wheher or not God is the God your faith believes Him to be, then go through your 'Jordan' alone."
"At your 'Bethel', you will find yourself at your wits' end but at the beginning of God's wisdom. When you come to your wits' end and you feel inclined to panic-don't! Stand true to God and He will bring out His truth in a way that will make your life an expression of worship."

"Are you prepared to let God take you into total oneness with Himself, paying no more attention to what you call the great things of life? Once you totally surrender, you will no longer think about what God is going to do. Abandonment to Him means to refuse yourself the luxury of asking questions. If you totally surrender yourself to God, He says, "I will give your life to you as a prize". 5/10 Father, I want to live in such surrender to You that everyday becomes a "prize"...that I may live in Your delight, that my joy be restored-not because others' faith in me is restored, but because of who I am in You and You alone!

From "Finding Favor with the King"
"Will you dangle your toes over the edge of God's promises and leap out into the unknown, casting your fate upon the faithfulness of God?"

"Just remember that the more important your future, the greater your opponent! Do you suddenly feel as if you are facing giant enemies? Hold on! Your destiny is about to be revealed. If it had not been for an enemy called 'Goliath', David would always have been just a shepherd."

"When destiny pushes you to the edge of desperation and the limits of your abilities, cast your future into the hands of God and take a leap of faith!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kim,
I have started a spiral index booklet of scriptures to pray every day. I am eager to add these scriptures that you have shared in my booklet. Some days (today being one of them) they are all I have to hold on to. I pray them over and over. Yesterday when I woke in the morning, the Holy Spirit was reciting them to me. I actually heard them repeated over and over in my mind. What a blessing He gave me. This struggle is so dark, but thankfully He is giving me light.
Also, it is good to see your picture! What a bright, shining face God has given you!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I read through your whole story and was particularly struck by how you never singled out anyone or anything to blame for your depression - not a family member, not a work crisis or even the assorted hormone issues. God sent something your way and you dealt with it and kept your eyes on him - human failings and all - as best you could without trying to find people or situations around you to try to assign some culpability to because of your distress. That's not typical. Brave and honorable... although it probably felt nothing like that.
RZ