IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING THIS BLOG......

Go to the chapters listed on the left and click on 2010, then click on May and begin with chapter 1 at the bottom of the page and continue upward. All of the chapters for each month's postings will be listed on one page. Then go to the left again and click the next month, etc. to continue with the story, chapter by chapter.


God is working.....A note from a reader

I received permission to pass this on to you....it shows how much bigger our God is than the hopelessness of depression!  And it also shows how our body and our mind is so very affected by our hormones!

Dear Kim,

How kind of you to check on me. Praise the Lord- I am doing well!  My doctor has tinkered with my progesterone dosages and that seems to be at a good dose finally.  I also found out that I am gluten sensitive and changed my diet.  One big effect of that problem is hormone imbalances.  Who knew???  Many of the other symptoms have been relieved from my new diet as well.  I have switched antidepressants due to side effects and am tolerating this one better.

My husband and I entered a marriage program (www.helpourmarriage.com).  It lasted for 2 months and know that God blessed us with this program. It has transformed our marriage. We are communicating as we never have in 20 years of marriage!

I see His work in every part of my recovery...physically, emotionally, and spiritually. From the dark pit of despair, where I thought I could never return, Christ has reached down and taken me in His arms and pulled me up. It is as if I can hear Him say, "Remember, I said I would never leave you".  I forgot for a while....a long while, but am believing that truth and rejoicing in it.  I have poured over the scriptures and journaling to Him often, something I have never done before this summer. He is still healing me. I feel it every day. I never thought He could provide my every need. I really didn't, but He is.

I have grieved with you the loss of your friend, Galen. I am so sorry that you must endure the loss of him. I used to wonder how someone could get so low that they could do such a thing. Unfortunately, now I know. My stomach turned knowing that it could have very well been me instead.  And I grieved understanding the darkness that took him there.

I am seeing the world differently. It is as if God has blessed me with a deeper maturity that I didn't even know was missing. I am thankful for that. You know how when you're in the middle of it, you know it's bad,  and as you continue, you look back at what you have been through and you fall on your knees in thankfulness that He brought you out?....that it really was much worse than you realized? ...that your stomach turns when you think of those dark months and just want to turn your eyes away as if it didn't happen?  Well, that is where I am, and it is sobering, as I know you know.

Well, although we've never met, you are a dear friend and I thank you for listening and for caring. I pray that your testimony reaches thousands and gives them hope that is so very needed.  God bless you. You have been a blessing to me....you have helped me recover more than you know.
J.B.




Thank you, J.B., for your transparency. Thank you for allowing your pain to take you to a new level of intimacy with Him. I will continue to pray for you and your recovery. You are a blessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=114973357222&topic=9639

This article explains the relationship between gluten sensitivity and hormones as well as other symptoms. Hope this helps someone!
jb