IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING THIS BLOG......

Go to the chapters listed on the left and click on 2010, then click on May and begin with chapter 1 at the bottom of the page and continue upward. All of the chapters for each month's postings will be listed on one page. Then go to the left again and click the next month, etc. to continue with the story, chapter by chapter.


Enough already.... or is it?

The past few days have been extra trying for me.  I can't put my finger on the reason behind it, but I have lived and relived the past year and the struggles that my spirit has faced.....and to be quite honest, I'm frustrated that there is shame and regret that still haunts me.  No one around me knows that I feel it.  I'm certain that it doesn't show on my face.  And I don't allow it to consume me or define who I am.  But, it's there. It's always there.  It's a consequence.  I get that, I really do. But, I want to accept the consequences and move on. Don't read any self-pity into this, because it's not there I assure you. I want to continue to grow through this....even the 'set backs' that I feel on occasion.  I share them with you in hopes that if you relate to this journey that you will be encouraged that you don't walk alone. But.........let's not belabor our time on this path either, ok?  Let's get the heck outta here....and move on. :)

I have been reflecting on just how different my relationships with others are now.  I reflect on just how different I am.  I'm a little confused by it.  Some of the things I had such a passion for seem to now skim the surface.  At times I feel a little guilty about the 'passionlessness' I feel.  Don't get me wrong.  I am very passionate about my God......my family.......and even about my teaching.  But things like being involved in church groups and even in people's lives just leave me a little numb.  The once social butterfly seldom gets in touch with others.  I don't share my innermost thoughts with anyone except Mark and I would rather spend every spare moment with Mark and the kids than over a cup of java with a buddy.   Don't get me wrong...I'm glad for that change in me.  I needed to spend more time with my family. The once 'hostess with the mostess' hasn't had dinner guests in over a year.  Not sure how to sum that up.  Sometimes I worry about that new side of me.  I don't want to become a recluse.  I want to have the freedom and the motivation to pour myself into others.


  Perhaps you are struggling today with the new and not so improved you.  I would encourage you to allow yourself the freedom and grace to struggle, just don't get stuck there.  My God is not done with us yet, my friend.  That's exciting to me.  My God has given me a joyful heart.  I want Him to use that heart to touch others...to love others....and to truly make a difference for the Kingdom of Heaven. Ya with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I am experiencing the same sort of "quietness" in my days and weeks and months since my darkest depression. I am just wanting to be home now-with my family, not trusting anyone else to understand. Thank you for confirming that I am not alone in this feeling or need and for the caution to "not stay there."
Merry Christmas to your family.

Lori said...

Kim, I think it is natural and common following such a tragedy to want to surround yourself with the people you feel safest with, the ones that allow you to rest and feel loved. This has shaken you to your core, and even though I thank all that is good that you have made it through the other side, it is still a death of the person you were. I love that you speak of forgiving yourself. It is important that you work towards this. One day you may feel the pull to expand your circle again, but until then allow that mind of yours that was so chaotic and scarey to quiet and calm you. It is often harder to go inside yourself, as you settle there I wish you Peace. Much love, lori